Thursday, October 30, 2008

Comfort Measures

Hhhmmm, "comfort measures". Such an interesting thing to consider. Having opted for comfort measures, you could almost be fooled into thinking that then there will be comfort. Today's lesson is that sometimes the best I can do is say "I'm so sorry that I can't make this better for you". This is a God-awful disease. No comfort today. Mom's legs are causing her trouble and seem to be in spasm much like her arms have been, maybe has to do with the fact that she's been in the bed and isn't able to change positions. Tried every different chair in my home, finally ordered another Lazy Boy just like the one she had at home. Will come tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

knightburd said...

Hopefully Mercy will work out, she cooks that is a good sign, Renee

Anonymous said...

I know better than anyone else how hard these days are. My dad was truly a hero and I only hope we can all follow in his footsteps in his care and love for Mom. Hope Mom finds some comfort and you get some sleep. See you this weekend.

Jimmy said...

You are an amazing person, Jess.

Anonymous said...

Jess

We are all thinking of you guys and sending you lots of love and big huge squeezy hugs from Ca.

xxoo