Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy November Day in NJ


Here's a picture of Mom and Dave at Halloween a few years back. Annie got this picture from Dave's good friend, Jim. Those of you out there who have pictures, PLEASE SHARE! What a fun way to spread the beauty of this woman! Please send them to me (sibona@optonline.net) and I'll post them. Give me any deatils you can, like dates, circumstances, etc. Anyway, Mercy and I had talked to Mom about getting out for a walk today and maybe a couple times per week... but this has been the most dank, rainy day. No outing today. Mom opted to get back in bed by about 2pm again today, had a little trouble getting relaxed again, but at least we're beginning to know that that's our routine. The afternoon/evening is harder than the morning. Hopefully tomorrow will be sunnier and we can get out. She also said she might like to get in the car and take a ride through the countryside. The dogs are getting on OK, I'm actually getting to know them a bit too. Took all 3 dogs for a walk this morning (before the rain) in the woods. Cubby and Blacky were obviously on their leashes and Daisy just kind of ran along. I've never been in the habit of leashing her unless absolutely necessary... she's actually scared to leave my side! So that was good... helped Mom's dogs to run off some energy. Phil's still in Baltimore, coming home tonight. Calm day. I went to the library last night and borrowed a bunch more VHS movies for Mom to watch so we started the day off with Jerry McGuire. Irm had brought a big tub of movies when she brought Mom her big TV for her room... but we've watched just about all of them (except for WWII: A Music Video... sorry, Irm, definitely saving that one for some kind of "special" day!). Looking forward to Adam and Annie this weekend. Please send fun pictures!

2 comments:

Irm said...

Hey, my veterans loved the WWII video, in fact some of them actually met the stars who were portrayed in the show! Thank you Jessica for sharing your thoughts and feelings about such a highly charged emotional time in your life and Laura's life. Family is most important in this crazy world and you will surely be blessed for all your caregiving and support of your Mom.

kristina b said...

Yeah, I finally set up my google account so I can leave comments. I so look forward to your blog everyday. You are doing such a fantastic job with all of this and know that there is a special place in heaven for you. I know your mother appreciates all that you are doing for her and all your training has come into play in the most important way by helping your mom. I am glad the dogs are finding there way along and I will drop off a bunch of our movies for your mom to choose from. She has probably seen most of what we have. Always in my thoughts and prayers, here if you need me.

Love to all,

Kristina