Friday, December 26, 2008

Longest Day Ever...

Mom is still resting comfortably. Her oxygen level has been down in the 40%'s most of the day, she was taking 4-6 breaths per minute and her color was quite blue. Her breathing was very erratic and short and it seemed that the end was very near. Now that we just finished visiting with the hospice nurse, it seems that Mom has "rallied" a little and has pinked up and is breathing more comfortably more like 16 breaths in a minute. She's still quite sedated with the morphine, but she is comfortable. We've all been sitting by her bedside all day, crying over her and encouraging her.... now it seems a little that we can breathe, at least for the moment, maybe get some rest ourselves and see how the night goes. Will keep writing as I can. Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement.

4 comments:

Irm said...

We are upholding all of you and especially Laura in our thoughts and prayers. May the God of all comfort surround you with peace and love.
Blessings,
Irm

Jimmy said...

Laura is in my thoughts. You are in my thoughts. It is good that you're all together.

Jim

knightburd said...

I am here also, I recent spoke with Jan and both Jan and my prayers are with you all.

Unknown said...

Not a day has gone by since Hawaii that I haven't thought of you all and prayed for you all especially Laura. Mary has kept me updated and I am so impressed with Laura's courage and all of you that are caring for her and giving her the best possible care and support.
I will continue to keep you ALL in my thoughts and prayers and please know that I really care about what you all are going through. My heart goes out to you.
Much Love, Anne