Sunday, December 28, 2008

Update: Sunday

Hi Everybody,
We're working on planning a memorial service for my Mom for next Saturday, 1/2/09 in Morristown, NJ. While we don't have the details ironed out yet, we know for sure that there will be important time included for family, friends and loved ones to share special, important and funny stories about Laura. This will be a very special service and it would mean very much to us all to hear your heartfelt memories. Details about time and location will follow.

Please, so many of you have asked what the family needs right now... I'd like to request that if you are inclined to contribute anything to the family at this time, in honor of my mother, please in lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the Robert Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins. Mary and my Dad did a lot of investigating about ALS research being conducted and felt this is the best place to receive our donations. They made a donation in my Mom's name and gave it as our Christmas gift. Here is a website where you can make a donation in specific honor of someone, just be sure to select - from the drop-down menu (when it asks you where you'd like to direct your contribution) the "Robert Packard Center for ALS Research". You can enter Mom's name and we'll receive a tribute card notifying us of your gift. This kind of gift will go much further in helping others who are certainly suffering from this terrible disease. Mom would love that kind of help.

https://jhweb.dev.jhu.edu/eforms/form.do?formId=6897

Thank you. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

knightburd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
knightburd said...

The contribution is an Excellent idea. I have phoned Jan, just to let you know. I read your blog late last night, and was very saddened, but when I woke up today, I felt relieved knowing that Dave, Ricky, Ed, Shirley and others were on the other side welcoming her to new found peace. Ricky most likely greeted her -- offering her a beer! When we lived upstairs from Laura (34 years ago), Ricks only rule was that Laura was not allowed to drink his last beer!

On another note, Laura was my closest sister I will carry good thoughts of her always. I send a warm hug to you, Adam, Annie and Mary.